Based off of the popular iPhone app Toby, Kona is a fun, strategic and interactive game to help children of all ages begin the early stages of reading thru sounds and pictures.
Similar to the approach used by Montessoris around the World, Kona provides multiple levels to focus the sounding of the first, last and middle letters as well as strategy to lead the Mouse to the cheese thru the obstacles (trees/etc).
Built by and for both school teachers and multilingual parents from Germany, Poland and the United States, Kona mimics the same methods, techniques and practices these multilingual parents and teachers used themselves to learn and teach multiple languages.
Scholastic is both special and unique in that it provides a random set of interactive images. Focusing on three letter words, users are given phonetic objects they sound aloud and select from three options displayed below the image. These letters are made up of the correct letter for the sound of the first, last or middle letter based on level selected as well as two random ones.
The application offers three levels to choose from: Level one focuses on the first sound, level two on the last sound and level three on the middle sound of the object.
The application is easy to use and extremely intuitive for the kids. Toby has solidified its roots in the Montessori reading curriculum and provides the basic means for associating the individual letter symbols with their corresponding phonetic sounds. Easy navigation and diversity of over 50 objects makes it a fun and positive experience for the children. Settings and preferences allow a parent to enable or disable any or all sound effects, number of flashcards per game, type of letter (lower or upper case), use of emotions or symbols, vibration for correct/incorrect answers and more to customize whats best suited for their childs learning experience.
The application is currently available in English and will be localized into German, Polish in upcoming versions.
*** FEATURES ***
1) Total customization of the game to provide immediate feedback for both Correct and Incorrect answers
2) Customizations include playing sounds, vibration as well as the use of Emotions and images
3) Rich and Fun set of images for sounding
4) Professionally developed by a US based company with hundreds of years of commercial development expertise
5) Multiple levels of play included for single application experience
6) Results provided upon completion of each game providing summary of Correct / Incorrect as well as Time to Complete
7) Fully supported with free updates and enhancements
visit www.intothesurf.com/apps for more information and support on our line of applications and other services offered.